Hair, like skin, requires properly selected care. Depending on whether they're dry, oily, or normal, they'll need a different treatment. Learn how to moisturize and nourish dry hair and what care options to choose.
Dry hair - how to recognize?
Dry hair is not the same as damaged hair, but if neglected, it may break and fall out, and dandruff may appear on the scalp . What is dry hair characterized by ? A person with dry hair has a problem with their arrangement, so-called hay returns shortly after washing. Such hair is often frizzy and static, rough to the touch, devoid of shine, and the ends tend to split. Dryness occurs due to the raised cuticle, through which water is lost too quickly. Therefore, with this type of hair, it is necessary to moisturize it regularly and avoid drying it out.
Causes of dry hair
There may be various reasons for losing water from your hair. Apart from environmental factors, improper care and diet, individual tendencies to dryness may be responsible for this. Often people with dry complexion also have a problem with dry hair . Other causes of dehydrated hair include:
- high temperature treatments - hair subjected to various styling (curling, straightening, warm air drying) lose large amounts of water,
- washing your head too often,
- poorly selected hair care products,
- frequent bleaching and coloring of hair,
- a diet low in omega-3 acids, vitamins A and E and fatty acids,
- environmental factors - dry air, air conditioning, strong sun.
Hair care - how to moisturize dry hair?
Dull and dry hair requires carefully selected cosmetics and care. Trim the ends regularly to keep your hair in good condition. Reduce styling your hair significantly with heat. Avoid the use of a dryer, and if necessary you must use it, always use a cold air flow. After bathing, do not rub your hair with a towel, do not tie the hair with a rubber band, it prevents the flow of substances inside the hair.
Dry hair - shampoo
Often, when dealing with hair problems, the saying is true - darkest under a lantern. How to moisturize your hair? When looking for the cause of dry hair, we forget about shampoo. A properly selected shampoo is the basis of care that will help keep water in your hair. Dry hair should be washed with moisturizing shampoos, for thin and dry hair. They are more delicate, do not dry out and do not disturb the protective layer of the scalp. Their composition is often enriched with oils that additionally nourish and strengthen dry hair .
Dry hair - conditioner
Dry hair quickly loses water and moisture. Their condition may also be the result of improper cosmetic and hairdressing treatments, which is why conditioners turn out to be irreplaceable. They regenerate and strengthen thin and dull hair. After regular use of conditioners for dry hair, you can see significant effects. Not only the appearance of well-arranged and shiny hair is improved, but also its condition. It is best for dry hair , when the conditioner contains vitamin E which delays skin aging and cosmetic kerosene.
Dry hair - oil
Oil is another important element of everyday care for dry , fine and dull hair . The oil helps hair regain elasticity, makes the hair shiny again and better styling. On dry hair to check the argan oil , oil with cumin and almond oil. However, the sustained improvement can be seen with regular use of oils. How to moisturize your hair with oil? It can be applied to both dry and wet hair right after bathing.
Home remedies for dry hair
In addition to cosmetics and care products for dry hair, home remedies are also useful . If you struggle with the problem of dry, dull and brittle hair, start looking for a solution in the kitchen. Some of the products present in every home can, as a natural care product, improve the appearance and condition of the hair:
omega-3 fatty acids - are present mainly in fish, linseed and nuts. Including these products in your diet will improve the health of your hair and give it a shiny appearance;
- vitamin A - found mainly in carrots, cod liver oil, green leafy vegetables (spinach, savoy cabbage) and some fruits (mango, papaya);
- vinegar - a homemade preparation for dry hair can be prepared by mixing vinegar with water in a ratio of 1 to 2. You can wash your hair with the preparation. Vinegar nourishes the hair cuticle and cleans it;
- olive oil - you can rub a small amount of it not in your hair, but in your scalp. It is best to leave it for a longer time, e.g. overnight, and rinse in the morning with shampoo;
- banana and avocado - you can prepare a natural hair mask from the ground and mixed banana and avocado. Spread it through your hair and leave it on for about an hour, then rinse with warm water.